Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cuttlebug Gingerbread House



This is the finished Cuttlebug Gingerbread House. I made it as my entry into the contest for Remember This in Mexico, MO. To cast a vote, you have to bring in a canned good for the local food pantry. A great idea!
The top picture is the front of the house and the second picture is the back view.
I started with the base and covered the 7x8.5 chipboard using sugar coated white cardstock. Next I glued the "Snowflakes" by Little Yellow Bicycle on top. Next I started constructing the house. It is by Sweet Chips Chipboard. This one is "Little Folding House." I then cuttlebugged lots of patterns and started covering the pieces. The chimney was my own addition as it was not in the kit.
After I had the house all done, I started thinking about the add-ons. The large tree was three pieces that I cut and folded edges to the inside and then glued together. I glued on the decorations and then glued it down to the base. I made small trees and added them to two corners of the house. The medium sized tree was made with two triangles. Then a slit was cut from the top of one triangle to the middle and then a slit was cut from the bottom to the middle on the other triangle. I then slid the slots together to form this tree. I glued a snowflake to the top for the star. I cut out 3 embossed packages to put at the bottom of the large tree.
I made a walkway up to the front door and cuttlebugged it. I then used wire and glued on stars back to back on the wire, curled the wire and glued it into the chimney for smoke. I added a wreath on the back of the house.
I will post some detail pictures at the end of this hopefully! As you can tell it did not let me add more pictures, so I will have to do another post later.
This was sooooooo much fun! The possibilites are endless! I LOVE my CUTTLEBUG!



21 comments:

Nilda Rockenbach said...

Absolutely amazing.. I love it so much.. thank you for sharing this ... you do amazing work

beanie said...

This is great! Good luck in the contest

Diane (AMKs_mom) said...

That is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my! That is so cool! That turned out beautiful!

Avra Williams said...

That is spectacular!

Brens Designs said...

Oh My Goodness! That is totally Awesome! Great work.

Jingle said...

HOLY COW! This is amazing!!!! Seriously, you are so talented! Thank you so much for sharing this!

Sarah said...

Your house is amazing!

Treva said...

Beautiful, your work is amazing. Good luck with the contest.

The Bird Nest said...

WOW! Very creative...I've never seen anything like it. You have inspired me to search for new ways to use the Cuttlebug!
Amy from birdscrap.blogspot.com

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

This is beautiful! Amazing job!

Jann said...

Absolutely stunning!

kimk. said...

WOW!! That is AMAZING! It's so gorgeous!! The detail is just so incredible!! You deserve to win the contest for sure!!

Kruemel said...

This is so awesome! I like how you only used white paper and all the details and differences are made with different embossing folders.

mummyofour said...

that's just adorable! great job:)

Denni said...

OMG!! That is truely AMAZING!!
and INSPIRING!! and BEAUTIFUL!!

craftaddict said...

WOW, truly amazing and inspirational. Good Luck

Megan said...

Im am awestruck- that is one of the most amazing paper creations I have ever seen. Thank you for posting it on your blog!

Creation Station said...

What a beautiful creation!! Great job!! I love it.. makes me want to take my cuttlebug out and make one!!..or something along the lines of your wonderful creation!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! How incredible!

CraftyLadyJ said...

What a beautiful gingerbread house. It looks 'Magical'....
I would love to have it decorating my house!

I say YOU should be the WINNER!
Fantastic job