Sunday, November 16, 2008

Challenge #8: An Altered Item


I used the ClearScraps Star shapes for this project. You can fold this up and send as a card. You can also use a photo where I used the village from the Cuttlebug folder of Winter Jelly.

The top and bottom stars are Cuttlebugged with "Snowflakes" and edged with StazOn "Eden Green". For the J and the Y, I used the Cricut cartridge of Base Camp at 1.5" on shadow. I cut these letters out of the 3" wide metal duct tape from the hardware store. I put these on top and after placing them I carefully used a stylus so that the silver looks embossed. I guess you could put the letters on the plain star and then emboss. To be truthful, I never have tried it that way. I used Copic marker R-29 to highlight the letters.

The "O" star was Cuttlebugged with "Swiss Dots." Then I used StazOn "Black Cherry" to color the points. I used Winter Jelly to emboss the white village scene and placed it behind the star. This is where you could add a photo. For the "O" part I used the Cuttlebug combo of "Holly Wreath." I cut off the bow of the folder and used real ribbon for the bow. I used a varigated green paper, red sugar coated paper for the berries and the Spica glitter pens for extra sparkle.


I used the Crop-a-dile to make the hanger holes. The red checked ribbon is from Ofray and the silver cord is from StampinUp.


You could make this wall hanger or you could do them separately for ornaments. Submit your altered items over a The Cuttlebug Spot and win a prize and see all of the ideas.

No comments: